Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Weekend Recap

Don’t you love it when you get to chat with an old friend and catch up? It really brightened my day :-) That was nice since it was so gloomy and rainy outside. At least we are getting some much needed rain, and the power didn’t go out at work this time.


So I saw the Flickr Meme on Alyson’s blog and had to do it too. It was pretty fun to see all the pictures that came up. I like how all these pictures look together. And you can click on the picture to see where they all came from on Flickr.

1. First Name: Michele

2. Favorite Food: sushi

3. High School: Arlington High School (a lot of weird things came up...)

4. Favorite Color: Purple

5. Celebrity Crush: Heath Ledger (so sad...)

6. Favorite Drink: Strawberry Margarita

7. Dream Vacation: Italy

8. Favorite Dessert: Creme Brulee (Yum!)

9. What do I want to be when I grow up: a good mom (that kid's great)

10. What do I love most in life: My God (then of course my husband)

11. One word to describe me: contemplative (i guess, let me think about that)

12. My Flickr Name: McKnitter (it's mine and it was the only pic)

Last weekend was a blast for me. I met up with Angie for some much needed knitting time at a coffee shop (…mmm…German Chocolate Latte…) and then I was off to the spa to get a manicure. It was a lot of fun, but I don’t know about it being worth it without the gift certificate. I mean, it’s just polish and pampering. I would definitely go back, but I would do one of their packages that include a massage. They are pretty reasonable and the spa environment was really relaxing. Maybe someday soon…after that I met up with Angie again for a move with the hubby’s and the kid. We saw Kung Fu Panda, and it was pretty funny. I secretly love kids movies. After that we had a Mexican dinner, and the hubby and I stopped by a sporting goods store to look around. He decided to enter a triathlon in September. This is the same hubby who sits on the couch every night to watch TV. I have no problem with him entering, and he will probably do pretty well, but I do have a problem when he does what he always does. He will get an idea in his head and want to go buy all the stuff for it and then never mention it again. I usually let him talk and say we can go look and he changes his mind before any damage is done. This time wasn’t bad, he only got some running shoes. I am just glad he didn’t want to buy a bike, and probably a pool if I let him. I hope he sticks with it. It will be good for us to get some exercise. We even joined a gym to get started. It’s been too long since we have been to the gym.

I don’t have an update on the knitting but I have something even better. New Yarn!!


I got these from Discontinued Brand name Yarns and I love the colors! I wanted to get some solid or semi-solid yarn for lacy socks and I stumbled across the site on one of the Ravelry forums. They don’t have a huge selection but what they have is really cheap. I got both of these for $11 each + shipping. It took a while but it was worth it. Now the question is, should I put these away for later, or cast on 2 more pairs rightthissecond?

1 comment:

Mommyleek said...

We had a great time, too. Thanks for coming and hanging out all day.

I hope that T sticks with the training and doesn't loose steam on it. It's a good hobby, if nothing else, I suppose. And who can't use an extra pair of shoes?

Yummy yarn. I wouldn't be able to stand the temptation to cast on for something. I have no self-control.

If I can figure out the picture thingy, I just might steal that meme.