Friday, February 5, 2010

Blog...What Blog?

It has been over a year since I posted to the blog. I am still here and alive, if anyone still follows this. A lot has happened since the last post and I will spare you the long story. The details are that I had a baby in June 2009 named Madelyn, I lost 2 jobs, quit one job, but am working full time right now, the hubby also lost 2 jobs, quit one job and is working sort of part time, we started a home theater business about 8 months ago and we have been hanging in there. We are so thankful that we have each other and have a good Lord watching over us.

I have not been doing much crafting at all until recently. It took me about 6 months after Madelyn was born to knit anything. I am really surprised that I could go that long without my fingers twitching or losing my mind. I did do a lot of reading, especially in the beginning when it felt like I was nursing around the clock. Now that the new baby stuff is over and I am 3 months into a job that gets me home at a decent hour, we have gotten into a rhythm of sorts. I actually have some free time now. I still have Monkey Socks on the needles that I have worked on a little and I cast on for Evangeline gloves. My office is so cold! It feels good to be back into something I love to do so much. Hopefully I will be able to post more often now and get some pictures of my WIP’s up, as well as some yummy handspun that Angie spun for me recently. Thanks! And here is the new little one Madelyn Faith…Isn’t she cute! My Best work yet :)

Glad to be back and I hope you all have a great day!

3 comments:

Mommyleek said...

Glad to see you back blogging! I'd say you've had a pretty eventful year, and can justify the long hiatus, but don't ever do it again! :)

The Amy said...

It's so good to hear from you and your little girl is ADORABLE. Post more pictures! :D

Patricia said...

Waiting for some more reports!. We're all curious as to what's up!