Friday, March 7, 2008

The Worst Birthday Present Ever

Today is the hubby’s 25th birthday. This is what he got:


He was in an accident this morning, but he is fine. I wouldn’t say that his car is anywhere close to being fine though. He was not at fault so now is the fun of dealing with the insurance companies to try and get some money from his car. I am just glad he is ok. The car is probably totaled since the airbags deployed and there is pretty extensive front-end damage. He is pretty upset about this since out of all the cars he has owned, this was his favorite. Of course this was not his only present, he also got a set of speakers and an amp, and was in the process of building a custom box for the car. Ugh…

I am going to try and keep up with my posting but I have a feeling that our lives will be pretty hectic in the following weeks. If you would like so see the pictures you can see the set here. Now we’re off to find another car….

6 comments:

Alyson said...

Oh NO!!! I'm glad he's okay, but that's still a lot of suckitude. Umm...happy birthday to him, though? I'm really sorry - that just blows.

Melissa said...

Glad he is o.k. I know that you were trying to look for a car for you, and now this. Keep looking towards the bright side (he is o.k.). And I am sure this will never be a birthday we will forget!

Kris B said...

Ouch, so glad he wasn't hurt. I do hope he has a happy birthday.

Mommyleek said...

Man! T has luck about like mine. Sorry to see the car trashed like that, but I'm so relieved to know that he wasn't hurt. For what it's worth, at least he hasn't finished that custom speaker box... and seriously, happy birthday T. I hope a good deal on a new car comes along quickly for you. I know the pain in the ass of sharing a car and trying to work out schedules, etc.

Natalie Rush said...

That stinks!! I hope everything works out! Happy birthday to him either way!!

Montreal Mama said...

That's not a good birthday present :( Glad he's okay though!

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm here to check yours out!