Monday, September 10, 2007

Heels and Toes

It’s been a while since I last posted. We have just been so busy with everything. We are closing on Friday (YAY!!) so it will only get busier. We are also moving offices at work on the 21st too. I don’t think I will ever want to move again. We have started packing but we can stay in our place until the 30th. That works out great for us to paint and work on the house before we move in. Exciting!!

I finally got back to knitting this weekend too. I have been working on the Purple Eater Sock again and just finished turning the heel. I am very happy with how it turned out.


I think that I am done with short row heels for good now. I really want to change from short row toes too. I liked them at first but they just aren’t as pretty as other toes I have seen. I am going to try knitting socks on two circular needles next so I will probably try a new toe. I really don’t want to admit it but I don’t think I will knit the second Purple Eater sock yet. I like the yarn but I am tired of it! I want to start a new color. Then maybe I will get back to it.

I feel like I have been neglecting my secret pal. I still read her blog when she posts and leave her nice comments but I have not sent her anything. I keep telling myself to remember to pick up a little something to send her but we will get really busy and it gets pushed to next week. I finally sat down and planned out what I will send her. I will post a picture as soon as I get the package together. I don’t think that it will ruin the surprise because she can’t possibly know my blog. She is really new to blogging and my blog isn’t hugely popular. I doubt she’s ever heard of me. Good for me because I get to show off the goodies.

I am thrilled that we have absolutely nothing planned for tonight. Only a little knitting, a little packing and sleep! I didn't realize how much yarn I had until I tried to pack it. I started with a medium size bag and had to move to the ginormous bag. Wow...it's not all pretty yarn though. I still have a lot of the cheap acrylic from before I knew there was better.

-Michele-

3 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

Good luck with the closing and your sock looks great!!

Mommyleek said...

Wahoo on closing Friday. Good luck. I still remember being handed the keys to this place all those years ago, then coming over here to sit in the very empty living room floor and just be amazed (and a little scared) that it was ours. It was pouring rain and I was all freakish about the whole wet shoes on the carpet thing. Heh! The things we remember.

Hope you have a similar moment on Friday.

The sock looks great. I am pretty partial to the short row heels/toes. The just seem to make more "sense" to me when knitting them. But I usually do whatever toe/heel that the patter calls for. I'm unoriginal like that.

Kris said...

Congrats on the closing!