Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Time To Slooow Down

Wow, this post was supposed to go up a couple days ago. I hate when I get too busy to sit back and enjoy myself. Yesterday while driving home I noticed how beautiful the sunset was. I couldn’t remember when the last time I noticed the sunset. I really need to slow down and enjoy life! So I decided not to do the dishes and enjoy my evening off. I knit and listened to a few podcasts (the stupid satellite was not working again and I had no TV) while Diana glued herself to me. She must have been cold because she would not leave my side. She slept next to me with her head on my lap all evening. It has been getting colder and I finally got to wear my Fetching the other morning. They kept my cozy!

I got my yarn I ordered from The Loopy Ewe a couple days ago. I jumped in on the Cherry Tree Hill sale colors. I got “Sweet Potato Pie” and it is gorgeous!! It even came with a cute calendar from Romney Ridge Farm that was all about sheep. That went right up next to my desk. Now my office really thinks I’m weird. I am also waiting for a package from Knit Picks. I finally broke down and ordered a set of Options needles with my Christmas money (thanks mommy!). I have wanted them for about a year but just had not ordered them for one reason or another. So finally I put it in my cart on Monday and went to pay for it yesterday. It was gone from my cart and when I looked for it I found out they no longer offer the set in the zipper case. Now it comes in a cheap vinyl case and they kept it the same price. I was so disappointed! I even called them to see if I could still order it with the zipper case and all they said was “I guess you waited too long”. That was mean…So I still ordered it but I wasn’t too happy about it. I still want the other case but it is $20.00. Maybe next time I order from them I will add it in to get the free shipping…Geez…

I do have some knitting for you today. I have been working on the Ballet Cami since I didn’t have a sock to work on for a couple days. I finished my first skein of yarn and already have attached the second. This is working up pretty quick now.


I also started another sock but I’m not sure I like it yet. The yarn is Zen String Lotus Toes in Purple Eater and the pattern is Slippery Socks. I think they yarn might b to fuzzy for the pattern to show up. I am not very far but I may rip it back and knit a plain jane sock with this yarn.


This was the yarn that was in the purple eater sock I frogged recently. I like the yarn but I doesn’t seem to like me much…

So that’s all I have going on right now (well not all I have but all that I feel like working on). I decided not to do any Christmas knitting this year. It is only my 2nd Christmas knitting and I don’t think I am fast enough to finish projects in time and with all the extra stuff we are trying to do this month it really wasn’t possible. So I got off the hook and got to enjoy my knitting this month! I have the night off tonight too so I will be cleaning and knitting to Christmas carols. I love this time of year :-)

-Michele-

2 comments:

Mommyleek said...

Wow! Beautiful sunset! I can't remember the last time I saw one, either. A shame, isn't it?

Good for you for not falling into the holiday gift knitting trap. I've managed to finish one thing I intended as a gift, but the others are given up on. Oh well.

I love that color! Sweet potato pie, huh? Cute. Can't wait to see what it becomes.

You'll love your options set, I know, but that's a bummer on the case. Honestly though, I don't use mine at all. I keep the tips attached to the cardboard they came with, and slide them down in a side pocket of my knitting bag. The cables I keep in a little pocket, too. It's just one less thing to have to try and carry around. I've also read where people have used a fishing lure case- the kind that's about the size of a small cd case that has little vinyl pockets to keep your artificial worms in. I've got one, and it's much less bulky than the KP case. Still, I don't use either. Maybe you'd like to borrow mine and see if you find it useful before you go spending $20 on it?

Hope you're enjoying your quiet time. You certainly deserve some.

Patricia said...

Looks you have looks that you're working on. I just returned home from the Sunrise. We were all knitting socks.
How goes the new house?