Friday, June 29, 2007

I Have Ginormous Feet

**If you live near Cape Canaveral, FL and have kids, there will be a kids fishing clinic this weekend. It is free and the kids get a fishing pole, tackle box and lessons on how to fish. It is from 9am-12pm on Saturday June 30th at the Port Terminal #4. If you would like to come leave me a comment or email me and I will give you directions. I will be with my company volunteering there**

Well I wouldn’t exactly say they're ginormous, unless you compare them to my newly finished Freesia Sock. I couldn’t get the darn thing on my foot. I knew my gauge was a bit tight at first but I didn’t have the next size needle so I just knit then anyways. Up until I got to the heel I was able to squeeze it on so I thought I might be OK. I even went up a needle size for the heel. Oh well, I guess they will have to be given away.

Since I am not thrilled with the sizing I may not knit the match right away.

And as for my next project…Lotus Knits is having a contest. All you have to do to enter the contest is post a picture on your blog of your first finished knitted item or what you’re going to knit next that you have not cast on for yet and be sure to post the contest rules.

Then, email to lotusknits@gmail.com or leave a comment on her blog to let her know you've posted so she can come check out your blog! Be sure to let her know that you saw the contest on my blog so I can get another entry into the contest! I saw this contest over at Ewe Gotta Knit.

The very first thing I knit (besides a wonky swatch) is Zeeby’s bag from Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: the Happy Hooker. I never did finish it but I worked on it last night. I chose that as a first project because it is 2 large panels of stockinette stitch, the very same reason it is still a WIP. :-) I am almost done with the 2nd panel then all I will have left is the bottom, strap and pocket.


My next project will be to get some socks on the needles cuz you always have to have a pair (or pairs) in the works. I am leaning towards my Alice’s Garden from White Willow's Etsy Shop. I just love the colors! Don’t know if I will use a pattern or just knit them plain toe-up but I will definitely pay attention to my gauge because I want these for me!

I don’t know how much knitting I will be able to do this weekend, but I hope to have a toe cast on at least.

What will you be doing this weekend?

-Michele-

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I just happened upon your blog today & I saw the contest. I'm going to write up a little something now and say that I was referred by you! Yay for getting an extra entry!!

All your work is so beautiful! I especially love the colors that you work with, they are all so vibrant.