Monday, June 4, 2007

There's Nothing Like a Florida Storm


Well the Tiki Bar got rained out…(Because of Barry) So we all relocated to Jason and Linda’s House. It was a lot of fun. Their baby boy just loves people! He is about a month old and does not mind at all being passed around the room. That’s just great because everyone wanted to hold him. After the party the Hubby and I met up with some friends for a late night snack at Outback. Yum-O!

Me and the Hubby made it out to The Avenue yesterday. I got a yummy Caramel Frappuccino and we wandered around AC Moore. So many ideas, all I need is the funds for them!


We had a quick lunch at the Melbourne Square Mall and found some great placemats in Bed Bath and Beyond. I had originally gone in there looking for a gram scale. (And no it is not for illicit things, it is for yarn) I have seen many people use these to split a ball of yarn evenly. I think I could probably use it in the kitchen too. I didn’t see what I was looking for but there were some pretty fancy (and pricey) ones there. I just need a simple one.




We also stopped in Barnes & Noble because we can’t pass it and not go in. I picked up the summer issue of Knit Simple. There are some cute tanks and stuffed animals that I would like to try.











And for those of you that had Jessie in mind over the weekend, She is doing great. We had a little trouble Friday night until the anesthesia wore off but she is back to herself now. I don’t really like the way they sewed her up (she has a belly button now…) but she seems to be healing fine. She spent the first afternoon home licking all the orange iodine off her belly. That first night home was when the worst of Barry passed. We got some much needed rain all night but we didn’t need the power to be off all that time. It went off at about 10pm and was off until about 8am the next morning. We hardly slept at all because it was hot so we opened the window. Then a frog was on the windowsill croaking so we shut it. Then it got hot again so we opened the window and so on. It was beautiful Saturday and Sunday though. The wind and rain really made everything smell fresh and clean.

You can kinda see her little belly button scar on her shaved belly.


I did not touch the Freesia Sock all weekend. I worked exclusively on the Dream Swatch Scarf. I forgot how much I like the pattern and yarn. I am using Lorna’s Laces in Jeans that I picked up from The Loopy Ewe. I think I made some progress but I have a long way to go!



I hope everyone did something fun over the weekend!

-Michele-

1 comment:

John Bryson said...

Your sushi pic below looks like nemo....you didn't eat nemo did you?
John