Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Is there a Sweater in my Future...

It is a beautiful Wednesday and I am all cooped up in my office. I would rather be knitting at the beach. At least I got a nice surprise when I got home yesterday. I love it when I have a box waiting for me. Of course Jessie had to open it first.

I received “Last Minute Knitted Gifts” by Joelle Hoverson. I am so happy I ordered it. Check one off my Summer Knitting Goals.


The Patterns are beautiful and there is a wonderful
chapter on using color. I am already planning my next project. I want to knit the Hourglass Sweater.







If I had the yarn I would probably cast on now! I am glad I don’t yet because I have plenty of projects to finish first. I just think it is beautiful and there are so many knitters who made it and are happy with it. I just love Ravelry! I was able to look up the pattern and see how many people knit it and their pictures. The one I liked the best used Knit Picks Andean Silk, an Alpaca, Silk and Merino Blend. I don’t know if I want to do it in Hollyberry or Lettuce. I might just order a color card to see it in person. It is kind of hot in Florida to be knitting a sweater, but with how slow I finish projects I should have it done for winter.



I went back to working on the Freesia Sock. I really want to get the heel done by the end of the week. Last night my knitting time was cut short because a friend of our needed the Hubby to come over and fix their cable and TV, He is sort of on call with his side jobs. They really only needed him to come but I couldn’t pass up a chance to see Shea, their 7 week old son. He is so cute!!

I talked to my best friend Casey yesterday and she decided to postpone her wedding a year so I won’t be heading to Massachusetts this fall. I really wanted to see her so we may have to plan a trip before then. At least now I will get to spend all of my vacation time with my mom when she comes out in September or October. I can't wait!!!

Happy Wednesday!

-Michele-


No comments: