Friday, July 6, 2007

A Day of Lounging and A Fiber-In

Our 4th of July was awesome. We didn’t do much of anything but that’s how I wanted it. We lounged around the house until about 1pm then we delivered some things the hubby was working on to finish the theatre room in a house in Melbourne Beach. This house was gorgeous! Just the front doors alone cost $30,000 and you wouldn’t believe the theatre room. Geez, maybe I should have married a doctor too. ;-) After that we went to the movies and saw Evan Almighty. It was ok…not as funny as I hoped it would be. Then off to home to relax and knit.

Speaking of knitting. I don’t know what came over me but I have not cast on for another sock yet. Instead I have been working on WIP’s that have been sitting in my drawer. That’s why I finished Sheldon and now I am almost done with Zeeby’s bag. I have both panels, the pocket, gusset and one strap finished. I started sewing the panels to the gusset and finished one of them last night. I don’t have a picture though because the hubby decided that he needed to take the camera to work today. I will post some tomorrow and will probably have the 2nd panel attached as well. For this weekend I hope to finish Zeeby’s bag and cast on for Socks with Alice’s Garden.

So instead of a knitting progress picture we have a cute kitty picture.

"Why are you looking at me like that??"

Oh, and what is a Fiber In you say? The Florida Fiber In will have demos and lots of knitting/spinning things to buy. Alyson let me in on it yesterday. It is September 14-16 at the Hampton Inn/Courtyard in Cocoa Beach. It looks like a lot of fun. This is the first time I have heard of a knitting event so close to home. I can’t wait until September!!

The Yahoo Group is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/florida_fiber_in

-Michele-


3 comments:

Kris said...

congrats on finishing up so many things.

Patricia said...

I'll have to add that to my calender. Thanks for sharing!

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).