Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Surprise, Surprise

I just love Surprises


Sometimes they are great. Like this one:

I got this from a contest that I won on Kris’s blog. I can’t believe it…I won a contest. It is my first win and the prize is so awesome. This is the bag that Kris made. Yes, I know, she made it…beautiful. If you want a bag for yourself, you can get one from her etsy shop or find a store here.


Also in the bag was a skein of Merino Oro lace weight and a hand knit dishcloth. Beautiful stuff. I can’t wait to knit with the Merino Oro but the only problem is that I have never knit lace before. Any suggestions for an easy beginners pattern with this yarn? I searched it on Ravelry and found a couple of nice shawls. The dishcloth is beautiful too. Love the colors and stitch pattern. I will have to ask Kris for it.

Thanks so much for a great contest prize!! I love it!


















Other Surprises are sometimes not so great, like this one:


This was from Jessie. I came home to find the last ball of Knit Picks Swish Superwash that I am using for Zeeby’s Bag stretched all the way down the hallway into my bedroom where she leaves all her toys. I don’t know how she got it because I swear that I put it in a drawer. At least she didn’t chew through any of it.

Isn’t she sweet??


Zeeby’s Bag now has a pocket on the inside so all that’s left are the straps. I didn’t work at all on the last strap in the last few days because I am trying to cast on for the Purple Eater Sock. I started it using Wendy’s Toe-Up Sock with Gusset and Slip Stitch Heel but I don’t think I like how the toe looks. I am frogging it tonight and I will retry it with a short row toe.

Now back to looking for lace patterns :-)

-Michele-

2 comments:

Kris said...

So glad you like the bag!

The stitch pattern is from Dishcloth Boutique.

http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/kpatterns/kitcottn.html

I love this pattern.

With the yarn - just be aware that it is cobweb not lace weight and will need to be knit on smaller needles (like a US 3 or smaller). Check out some of the patterns from Eunny Knits to see what she has done with this same yarn.

Kris B said...

congratulations, looks like you got some nice treats. Jessie looks so content and your bag is moving along nicely. Also thank you for the heads up on the fiber festival.