Monday, July 16, 2007

So Much For a Lazy Weekend

What I thought was going to be a lazy weekend was anything but. We had a good night Friday. It was one of those stormy, eat toasted coconut ice cream at 10pm kind of nights.

What was weird is that when we went to Bugsy’s to get ice cream, they had one of those stuffed animal machines that take all your money, only it didn’t have just toys. I couldn’t believe it but there was an iPod Shuffle in there. I was stunned. Needless to say that $10 later I still didn’t have an iPod. My way of thinking went like this: “Even if I have to spend $20 it’s still cheaper than buying one!” Too bad I didn’t have my camera with me. It was so weird to see it in there.

Then Saturday morning rolls around and I got a call from a friend. Their new house has been built for about a month now and they just had not moved yet. So they decided to do it now. And they had not packed yet. It wasn’t so bad though. It was only 2 streets away from their old house and it only took about 4 hours to get everything over there. Not too bad at all.


Sunday evening we went to a party for a friends daughter. It was amazing. They had a pool party with a blow up bouncer water slide thingy, catered food and bar (Yum!), and over $2000 in fireworks, a whole truck full. I still can’t believe the kind of fireworks that you can buy in Florida. The show was beautiful but quick. They had to light them all at once and get it over quick because the cops had already been by for the noise. Fireworks are only supposed to be for agricultural use here. So we were…um…scaring squirrels…right. I think The Harlot would approve of that! I wish my dad put on a fireworks show for my birthday!!


I did get some knitting in over the weekend. I finished the tow for the Purple Eater sock. I think I like it but it may be a bit big. I don’t know for sure but I do know I am not frogging another toe!


And for now it’s back to work!! How was your weekend??

-Michele-

No comments: