It’s almost time for SP11. I filled out the questionnaire for my pal. I haven’t got my pal yet and I can’t wait! I will give you fair warning, there is no knitting content ahead. I was super busy this weekend and got maybe 2 rows in. Well, enjoy! And feel free to email me if you have any questions!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
**I like to knit with Claudia Handpainted for socks. After only a couple of pairs I like it the best. I also like Knit Picks Shine and Swish Superwash. I haven’t tried very many yarns yet. I love the soft merino’s for socks. I haven’t met a fiber I don’t like, except maybe Acrylic. But it always has its place!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
**I have all my straight’s in a vase on my bookshelf but I store the ones I am using in a drawstring bag with the project.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
**I learned to crochet when I was little but it never caught on. I learned to knit about a year ago and it has become my obsession. I wanted to learn but it just wasn’t working until my hubby’s aunt showed me. Then it all clicked. I think I am intermediate, I have a lot to learn!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
**Yes, I love to read! You can find it here.
5. What's your favorite scent?
**I like dark chocolate and sour candy. Either that or desserts. I love to bake or cook.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
**I don’t spin but I want to learn. I also like to sew, and cook and I used to scrapbook.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
**I like all kinds. I mostly listed to Today’s Hits, Classic Rock, and 80’s. Any type of file works for me.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
**Really anything as long as they look good together. I love purple and green, especially together. I don’t really like orange though, unless its in a good color combo.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
**I am married but no kids yet. I have one cat, Jessie and a rabbit, Lenny.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
**I do wear scarves, mittens/gloves. I like poncho’s but I have never owned one. Hats? Well, it would have to be kind of big to fit me, I have very thick hair!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
**I love to knit socks. Other than that I knit a little bit of everything. I have knit purses, gloves, scarves, a baby blanket. I am now starting to get into sweaters and tops.
13. What are you knitting right now?
** I always have socks to take with me. Other than that same as above. There is a WIP section on the side bar with progress pictures of what’s on the needles now.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
**Of course! I love to think that someone spent all that time and care just for me.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
**I usually use Bamboo straights, but I like the Knit Picks Circulars.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
**Nope. I wind by hand : -)
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
**9 months, not too bad!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
**My fave holiday would have to be Christmas. Everyone is so cheery! As for my fave time of year, that’s Spring. I always feel so refreshed.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
**I guess I’m starting to collect sock yarn! I also have every book by Nicholas Sparks. He’s my fave author.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
**Well, where do I start! I have my book list at amazon here. I have been dying to try Duet Sock Yarn, Yarn Pirate, Yarntini and Wollmiese. I set my hopes high huh! I want to get a set of Knit Picks Options needles and I really want to try Nancy Bush sock patterns. I don’t have subscriptions to any mags but I pick up Knit Simple fairly often.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
** I am dying to learn Magic Loop and try 2 socks on 2 circulars. I also want to try my hand at lace.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
**Why yes I am. My foot is a whopping 9 in around, and 9.5 in long. I wear a size 9 shoe : -)
23. When is your birthday?
**My birthday is October 8
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
I hope this gives you a clue to who I am. Have a good day!!