Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Wow, What a Weekend!

It felt so nice to be back sleeping in my bed after what seemed like forever. We had not been home since the 11th.

Stitch N Pitch was awesome!! We had all the muggles saying “Why are there so many people knitting??” Maybe they should have looked at the big screen that said that tonight is Stitch N Pitch night. Duh…It was a blast. I met a few really nice people and got to finally meet Patti. I have been reading her blog forever so it was great to finally get to say hi. She gave me a Ravelry button too. We also got to get our picture taken. It will appear in the SNP gallery here when they get it up. The lady taking our picture asked where the hubby’s knitting was. It took me all of 2 seconds to whip out another project and have him hold it. It was great. He had to be one of the only Indians fans in our section…He said if he caught a Rays homerun ball he’d throw it back… whatever, I just came to knit!


We also got an awesome bag, perfect for knitting projects on the go. It had a copy of Interweave Knits, and Knit.1, some Susan bates dpn’s, a weird two sided crochet hook (Anyone know what that’s for??), and some fun fur yarn. Pretty cool stuff…if you like fun fur. It was great. And the Indians won so the hubby was happy. If you would like to see more pictures you can view my flickr set here.

I worked on my sock during the game and I really got far. I am almost ready to turn the heel now. I got a few comments about the yarn when we were at the game. It is Zen String Lotus Toes in Purple Eater and I got it from The Loopy Ewe. It is so soft but the twist isn’t very tight so It starts to unwind while I am knitting. I still love it.

I also finished the baby hat on Friday. It turned out so cute! I think I will knit up some booties to go with it. I don’t care if it’s done with cheap Acrylic, it still looks good and is soft. At least it’s machine washable.

Yarn: Baby Acrylic in Baby Blue
Pattern: Rolled Brim Hat with Top Knot
Pattern Designer: Laurie Longinotti from KnitList
Date Finished: 8/17/07


Well that’s all for now. This was supposed to get posted yesterday but I have been super busy at work. I guess I should be actually working at work than posting. :-)

-Michele-


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great weekend. Happy knitting this week! Your SP11 pal

Patricia said...

Great pics. It was so nice to meet you in person. We'll probably run inot each other at the various fibre shows that are coming up. Bonnie is starting a group that will meet at the bakery on Thursday AM. I know that you work but if you can slip in late tomorrow, we would love to see you.