Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What a Refreshing Weekend!

I love how good I feel after a long weekend. I was so refreshed this morning that I woke up about 20 min before my alarm clock. The hubby and I stayed in bed and played with Jessie until the alarm went off. She is being a kitty with an attitude. All she wants to do is wrestle and bite us when she plays. She even sneaks up on us around the corner and pounces when we walk by. Maybe that will all change when she gets spayed next week. (Shhh, I haven’t told Jessie about that yet.)

I got some good knitting (and relaxing) time in this weekend. I did not make it to Cocoa Village or the beach, but maybe next weekend I will. The beaches were too dangerous anyways. The hubby was working all day on Monday while I ran errands for him. Imagine me with my list wandering Home Depot. Luckily I found everything he needed with no problems. We also made it over to Bill and Jennifer’s new condo (My Boss’s Parents) for a little lounging by the pool and dinner. It was just a couple of people that I work with so it was a lot of fun. I brought over some cheesecake for dessert. I’ve never made cheesecake before and it turned out great! I used this recipe from Kraft Food & Family Magazine. It was so easy!

**I am still working on getting the lighting right for photo's. They will look better soon!**

As I mentioned, I got some knitting done. I have been working exclusively on the Freesia Sock because I just haven’t felt like working on anything else. I will probably switch my main project after the first sock is done. I am almost to the heel now. The colors are swirling nicely around my foot now. I think I will try the Gusset and Slip Stitch heel from Knitty's
Widdershins pattern that Wendy used. It looks very nice.


Well I guess I should get back to work now. I sure am glad I brought the leftovers into the office! Yum!


I hope everyone is feeling as refreshed as I am!


-Michele-

No comments: